18 Aug How much does professional carpet cleaning cost?
Whether it’s hidden stains from accidental spills that need to be cleaned out or built-up dirt from walking across the floor with your shoes on, every carpet needs a thorough carpet cleaning. While your carpet might seem fine outside, it’s likely harvesting dirt and debris you can’t get out with a quick vacuum session.
The bottom line is that you need a professional carpet cleaning service to guarantee your carpet is as clean as possible. But what carpet cleaning costs can you expect when you hire a professional service like SteemMaster? That depends on a few factors. Read on to find a breakdown of carpet cleaning costs and understand how a professional service will benefit your home.
How Much Does Carpet Cleaning Typically Cost?
Before we break down costs based on different factors for your carpet cleaning needs, let’s look at the general cost of a carpet cleaning service. This service typically costs $175. The low cost is around $115, while more expensive services charge up to $260. This average is true for carpet cleaning spaces less than 1,000 square feet.
But why is the price range so different, and what factors contribute to how much you pay for a thorough carpet cleaning? Square footage, the number of rooms cleaned, and the type of carpet cleaning services requested all contribute to your total cost. Below are thorough cost breakdowns for these factors.
Carpet Cleaning Costs for Different Square Footage
The first critical factor determining your total carpet cleaning costs is the square footage of the space you have cleaned. The average cost per square foot for carpet cleaning is $0.33, but the number can range from $0.20 to $0.40 per square foot.
Before cleaning your carpet, a professional carpet cleaning service like SteemMaster will measure your carpet to determine the price you’ll pay for the entire service. Below is an overview of what you can expect to pay depending on your carpet’s square footage:
- 600 to 1,000 square feet: $100-$250
- 1,000 to 1,800 square feet: $150-$450
- 1,800 to 3,000 square feet: $300-$600
- Above 3,000 square feet: $600+
Carpet Cleaning Costs by Room
While square footage is one way of determining carpet cleaning costs, many services charge for the number of rooms you’re requesting services for instead of the square footage of your carpet. The average carpet cleaning cost per room is $25 to $75, depending on the company, type of cleaning method, and add-on factors. Some carpet cleaning companies will also include additional charges if your rooms exceed a specific size.
Carpet Cleaning Costs for Different Cleaning Types
Another crucial factor contributing to how much you pay in carpet cleaning costs is the type of cleaning your carpet needs. The cheapest type of carpet cleaning is bonnet cleaning, which can range anywhere from $25-$85 per room and has an average total cost of $150. However, bonnet cleaning is not the most effective method of cleaning your carpet, meaning more expensive options are necessary to guarantee thorough cleaning.
The most effective carpet cleaning method, and the one we use at SteemMaster, is hot water extraction cleaning, also known as deep steam cleaning. This method best ensures a fast drying time while maintaining flawless results. Hot water extraction cleaning costs an average of $400, with costs per room ranging from $100 to $200. Choosing hot water extraction cleaning means you’ll have long-lasting results that will impress you and your guests.
Other cleaning types you might consider and their price ranges are:
- Carbonated cleaning: $85 to $200 per room
- Dry cleaning: $60 to $130 per room
- Shampooing: $65 to $150 per room
Carpet Cleaning Costs for Different Carpet Materials
Your carpet’s material will also often influence the total cost of a cleaning service. Depending on your carpet’s material, the cleaning process may be more or less difficult and require different levels of manual labor. Cotton and wool carpets are the most expensive materials, with an estimated cleaning cost of $125. Other materials like Berber and cut and level loop are on the lower end, costing an average of $90.
Add-On Carpet Cleaning Costs
There are some additional costs to consider that will change the price of your carpet cleaning service. Some add-on factors that you might want to consider to enhance the quality of your carpet cleaning include the following:
- Pet stains and odor removal: $30-$50 per hour
- Area rug cleaning: $60-$300 for 5’x8’ rugs, $150-$600 for 8’x10’ rugs
- Tile and grout cleaning: $475 on average
- Sustainable and green carpet cleaning: $100 to $200 per room
- Furniture and upholstery cleaning: $50 to $80 per piece
- Furniture moving: $10 to $50 per piece
- Water extraction: $450 to $2,000, depending on the carpet’s size
- Patching and repairing holes: $100 to $250 per hole
- Stain removal: $40-$300 depending on stain type and time it takes to remove the stain
- De-wrinkling and carpet stretching: $60 per hour
Our 12-Step Process
So what process does SteemMaster follow to guarantee the best carpeting cleaning services? We follow 12 steps to ensure that you love the results of your newly-cleaned carpet:
- Pre-inspection: All carpets are thoroughly inspected before cleaning begins.
- Commercial pre-vacuum: The carpet is thoroughly vacuumed before the cleaning process begins.
- Wall/floor protection: Protective materials are placed to prevent damage to surfaces in your home.
- Pre-spray and pre-spot: High-traffic areas and spots are pretreated.
- Power scrub: Your carpet is scrubbed to loosen debris in the traffic area.
- Rinse and extract: Debris and soil are thoroughly extracted.
- Neutralize: All carpets are PH balanced.
- Post-spot treatment: Specialty spots and stains are treated.
- Fiber protection: Additional protection is applied after cleaning to extend the carpet’s lifespan.
- Speed drying: High-velocity air is used to quickly dry the carpet.
- Post-grooming: The carpet pile is set in one direction to encourage faster drying.
- Post-inspection: A post-cleaning walkthrough is conducted to ensure the service is satisfactory.
Schedule Your SteemMaster Service
Getting your carpet cleaned is best when you turn to the experts. The cleaning technicians at SteemMaster will provide you with a cost-effective, thorough cleaning service to ensure that your carpet is as clean as possible and extend its lifespan.
Schedule your carpet cleaning service with SteemMaster today.